Disclainer

The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Yesterday in language class we learned to count from 0-10. Today we learned from 11-9,000,000,000. The pace is picking up. We also learned how to tell time as if going from 11-9,000,000,000 wasn't enough for one day. We had four and a half hours of language class today and 2 hours of health related class.  I do not want to get Dingy. 
Tomorrow we spend the whole day meeting government officials.  It's good to know that so many of the Indonesian government ministries are as involved in our work here. 
The weather is out of this world, for me anyway.  It's been in the high 80s most of the time.  Some days it has rained a little and some days it has rained a lot complete with loud thunder and bright lightening. Here in the hotel most of out rooms for living , meeting, and learning are air conditioned. You know AC is not my favorite thing.  I look forward to getting away from it at my host family stay.
Tomorrow is a packing day too.  Enough of staying in this very nice hotel. We will go east to meet and start to live with host families for the next 10 weeks. This is going to be an experience. I might not have internet access in this house I'm going to so you have to understand my silence for a while.  I will try to write in "Word", save and post when I can. 
I am well.  I wish I could say that all of us are.  A couple of people have come down with the usual ills. I'm happy
Did I mention that last night a bunch of us, including an Iranian-
American woman, jumped a fire for the Persian holiday of Char Shambee Suree? Today is No Rooz. Persian New Year's greetings to all and good for you for making it till it's no longer Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment