Disclainer

The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Peace Corps and Bon Voyage Jay

My family had a Bon Voyage Open House for me at my brother's house on Peace Corps' Birthday 53. It was really nice.  There were about 80 people there off and on from 2 - 7:00. The centerpiece for the table was from Beaver County Rehabilitation Center where I used to work.  Clients made it with flags of places I have been in Peace Corps, lots of chocolate and lots of love. The food was out of this world. There was chocolate everything and really good snacks, shrimp that never quit, meat balls, Isley's chipped ham barbecue, every kind of cheese...heaven!  I was very very happy to see so many of my friends from the neighborhood, old jobs, old friends and family from all over attend. The best complement came from Lou, my RPCV buddy. "Don't you have any drunks or addicts or lay-abouts or impolite or uneducated people in your family? Are they all well spoken, good looking people who contribute to the good of society one way or another?" "No we don't, Lou and yes they are," said I. 
Sunday morning everyone came to my house for breakfast. There were 16 here. Little kids played and laughed. My Brother-in-law Tom made more pancakes than IHOP. What a great family I have.



















No comments:

Post a Comment