Disclainer

The contents of this Web site are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Now that you are into my blog, you have to know something.  I can’t spell. I have lived, taught, worked and played in five languages so far and can’t spell in any of them. I've accepted ridicule for years about my spelling of my native language. Farsi was not bad but I sure wasn't going to win any bees in Tehran. Spanish I learned only well enough to speak. Arabic wrote only long (length) sounding vowels so I was never sure if it was a ‘long vowel” which needed to be written or if that was just the way that I pronounced it with my American accent.  French is impossible to spell. 
I also suffer sum other difficulties with English. I know they’re, their and there. I know son and sun, right and write, and to, two and too. I firmly believe that one of the greatest discoveries ever was ‘spell check’ but it doesn't tell me when I have used the wrong word that is spelled correctly. 
So, if you are going to read what all I have to say, you have to be understanding of my spelling disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment